Why Reviews Matter (And Why You Should Care.)
If this were the ‘80s, we’d probs still be binge-watching cheugy infomercials, gullibly taking their word that their stuff is drip. But today, things are different. Folks aren’t as naïve as they used to be, and they need to see real reviews from real people before dropping a dime. The most authentic brands today have a rainbow of reviews from real humans. The alternative – being fake and conceited – will only drive people away.
Don’t believe us? Well, you can’t deny stats like these…
- 93% of shoppers read online reviews before buying
- 91% of 18-34 year-olds trust reviews online as much as they would a friend
- 93% of consumers say reviews influence their decision to buy
- Almost all shoppers (97%) use online media to find local products and services
- Customers are prepared to spend 31% more money on brands with awesome reviews
Here’s another fun fact – studies show that 89% of consumers will read YOUR response to a public review too. In other words, they want to suss out your character. Do you jump into defensive mode to prove your product/service is dank, or do you treat them with respect? Do you ghost them entirely? Your. Authenticity. Matters. Prove that you’re the CEO of this show, and people will stan your brand left right and center.
Before we continue, let’s take a look at the impact of BAD online reviews for your brand.
- ❌ Just 13% of consumers would consider using a business with 2 stars, or worse, 1 star. 3.3 appears to be the minimum rating a shopper would accept.
- ❌ 94% of consumers admit that an online review made them avoid a business entirely.
- ❌ 4/5 consumers change their minds about a purchase after reading a bad review, even if the product was recommended to them.
The good news? You can avoid negative reviews by building a strong brand that’s bursting with authenticity. With the right marketing strategy, great customer service, and a good attitude, you can deliver such memorable experiences that organic reviews keep flying in.
Did you also know that online reviews get more weighting in organic local searches – by over 6%? Organic search is five TIMES more valuable than paid ads. Sure, paid ads are an ok strategy short-term, but long-term, you need to build an organic, AUTHENTIC reputation. This is how you target and impress consumers with high-intent, and when you have enough organic reviews, the Google bot will pick it up – pushing you up search results. Cool, huh?
Authentic Reviews Explode ROI
While no brand wants a crappy review, it’s unrealistic to expect every review you get to be positive. And that’s ok! No brand is perfect, and a few average reviews will reiterate your authenticity and prove that you’re open to any and all feedback. You shouldn’t fear customer reviews. On the contrary – authentic product reviews are a powerful way to boost brand awareness, build trust, and send brand awareness through the roof!
Most importantly, it’s about how you respond to reviews. If someone’s reading a not-so-great review, but they see that your response was kind, thoughtful, and sincere, chances are, they might still buy from you.
Need a partner in building your authenticity as a brand? Start a conversation with The Glam Daily today. Our next-gen social insights app partners with brands just like yours to bring businesses and shoppers under one e-roof.
Got what it takes to join the fam? Let’s chat.